Friday, April 27, 2012

Early Thirty Crisis

Finally, I am back to this page after nearly 10 months. Though I am passionate about writing and wish to post blogs, I must confess that I’m a laid-back blogger. But thankfully, I am still committed to write some technology stuff regularly on Technofriends, a website owned by my friend’s friend. Well, If there has been some hold-up on writing some personal stuff in my blog here, it’s because I didn’t want to make a complete fool of myself while expressing my personal opinions and thoughts.

I’m sure many of us wanting to express our viewpoints are pretty scared of our public image, however small our circle of readers may be. After much thinking, I felt there should be a starting point for anything. So, I’m here today to step out boldly forward to write what I think! Whether you wish to offer me bouquets or throw brickbats, I have decided to take it more constructively.

Do I talk too much?


I’m now at my early thirties and for no reason I seem to be riding high these days! Off late I have started talking 'too much' and sort of trying to be a ‘know-all’. Yes, this is so recent. Because there have been years in my timeline when I used to talk less and act more. But presently, it’s like me putting all my energies into much thinking, talking, chatting, discussing, chattering, arguing and surprisingly counselling too! After too much of these, obviously I feel enervated and achieve no big purpose other than probably receiving some looks of contempt from people around me, including my 4- year old kid! J
It gets even harder when I work in a group or live in an extended or joint family. I talking a lot would often make no sense to them. Later, I go to my ‘retrospective’ mode and realize that I should have talked less. So, here I get a guilty look on my face after showing off the ‘know-all’ness! Behaving like an eager beaver to express only my views every time looks a lot of fun; but gradually I might burn my bridges with people around me.



Well, I seem to need some help, but I somehow tend to ignore advices that come my way from people. So, what’s the workaround? I have found some from my experience and here they are.

·       Light reading- This surely helps, preferably humour stuff. More the humour, lesser the pain in mind and heart. When you read silly stuff and jokes that make you laugh heartily, you will become a child. So, a good way to show the doors to a superior attitude!

·       Listening More- Of course, this task has been hard for me. But I guess, after much practising, it helps you to talk more sensibly when you listen till the other person finishes off conveying his/her points.

·       Reading philosophy. Hard thing to do! Not many of us might have the inclination to read philosophical stuff regularly. However, it’s good to start with some comprehensible philosophy stuff that you can easily relate to. At least you will gradually start believing that there is only person who is a “knows-all” and that’s your Maker- the God! Yes, it helps you to give some rest to unwanted superior thoughts.

The above list is surely not exhaustive. These are the ones that I found in my experience. How many of you sail my boat? Share your thoughts and opinions below.

1 comment: